Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hofstadter's Law in action!

I have finally started blogging...a mere two years since I came up with the plan!
Planning is by far my favourite activity. It makes me feel like I am doing something important which will revolutionise my life....while the only concrete thing that I achieve is kill time till I have to come up with the next plan!

S.T. Coleridge put it eloquently ( while referring to Shakespeare's Hamlet) whom he said was mistakenly dubbed 'indecisive' by most critics. The more appropriate description, he wrote, was that Hamlet would

" Continually resolve to do, yet do nothing but resolve" !

Captures the way I spend my time precisely!

The title of the post is an allusion to the droll recursive law proposed by Douglas Hofstadter-

"It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law" !- in the context of starting this blog, I totally understand what he was talking about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.